YOUR WILL. YOUR WAY.
Wills & Mirror Wills
In the UK, it is estimated that approximately 70% of people are without a Will, a dangerously high number. Without a Will, you risk leaving important, personal issues regarding your estate to be decided by the law. Unfortunately, the outcomes of this may not be what you would have intended. Therefore, Town & Country Law are committed to providing exceptional Will services for clients throughout Lincoln, Peterborough, King’s Lynn, Leeds, Derby and nationwide. By making a Will, you can ensure that issues like who will inherit your estate and who will look after your young children are determined by you and not the law. Other decisions a Will can help with include:
- Protecting your estate for future generations from, among other things, unnecessary payments of Inheritance Tax
- Providing for individuals or organisations who are not automatically provided for by the law, including stepchildren, unmarried partners, friends and charities
- Determining who will administer your estate, the Executor
- Ensuring that children aren’t disinherited by second marriages
Drawing up a last Will and Testament is one of the most responsible commitments someone can make. As such, when creating Wills and Trusts you’ll need a firm who understands how monumental these acts are – you’ll need Town & Country Law. Our professional and friendly team are on hand to discuss and advise you on all Will-related matters. We offer a personal service tailored to your specific needs, and can even meet you at your home at no additional cost. We also specialise in inheritance tax and care fee planning services, too. Simply contact us today to find out more.
Get Your Free Quote
Complete the form below and one of your expert advisors will contact you to discuss your Will & Mirror Will requirements
100% privacy guaranteed
What should my Will include?
Your Will can include anything you want. As a guide, when thinking about what you would put in your Will, consider the following:
- Do you want to leave an amount of cash to any specific people?
- Maybe you have some items with sentimental value that you want to go to a particular person?
- Do you have children? If so, who would look after them?
- What about pets? Who should look after these?
- Who do you want to be responsible for carrying out your Will (your executors)?
- Do you want to exclude anyone from your Will?
- Do you want to set an age for children or grandchildren to inherit?
- Who are going to be the main people to inherit your estate, perhaps your children?
If your children (or others) are your main beneficiaries (people who inherit), is this on equal shares or different?
- Do you want to record your funeral wishes, and any requirements regarding organ donation in your Will?
- Have you thought about leaving a gift to a charity?
Of course, this isn’t an exhaustive list. It’s just to help you start thinking about what you want in your Will.